Explore Things to Do in New York City
The Ameritania Hotel at Times Square surrounds you with the best NYC attractions and the electric bustling energy of Manhattan. We share the corner of 54th Street and Broadway with the Ed Sullivan Theatre, home to CBS Television's Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and celeb sightings are plentiful. Our hotel is steps from the Broadway Theater District, Times Square, Central Park, The Shops at Columbus Circle, Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, Rockefeller Plaza, Radio City Music Hall, Bryant Park, Hell's Kitchen, and the Empire State Building.
See a concert at Madison Square Garden, walk through the urban beauty of Central Park, and explore the amazing Museum of Modern Art. For recommendations on more things to do in New York City, our concierge is a local expert and available to assist.
Our Favorite NYC Attractions
Stroll through the urban splendor of Central Park in the heart of Manhattan. Explore this NYC landmark and green space with historic sites and attractions like Central Park Zoo, Strawberry Fields, Sheep's Meadow, and Wollman Rink. Take a scooter through the park, run around the lake, or have a picnic on the Great Lawn.
- Attraction Details
- Hours & Prices
- Price: Free
- Hours: 06:00 AM to 01:00 AM
- Events & Activities
- Tour & Bike Rentals
- Attractions - Cherry Blossom Trees, Strawberry Fields, Belvedere Castle
- Activities - Picnic, Concerts, Horse and Carriage Rides
- Yoga & Fitness Center
- Sports - Boating, Horseback Riding, Bicycle Riding, Basketball
- Central Park Zoo
Broadway Theater District
The lights are bright every night on Broadway. Enjoy Broadway shows and musicals like Hamilton and Moulin Rouge right around the corner in NYC's Theater District, home to 41 professional theaters. Grab discount tickets to the latest shows in Times Square, blocks away.
Experience this legendary concert venue and historic music hall, famous for its stunning acoustics. Enjoy incredible musical performances, from grand orchestras to concerts, by extraordinary musicians,
Madison Square Garden
Madison Square Garden is one of the world's most iconic sports and entertainment venues. Home to the New York Knicks and Rangers, MSG is a legendary NYC venue for live sports, concerts, events, and performances year-round.
Ed Sullivan Theatre
The Ed Sullivan Theater is one of the most famous theaters in New York City, and it happens to share a roof with the Ameritania Hotel. Line up to see CBS' THE LATE SHOW with the funny Stephen Colbert, literally next door to the Ameritania. Celeb spotting is easy in our neighborhood!
Empire State Building
The Empire State Building has been one of the most iconic buildings in the New York City skyline since it was erected in 1931. You rarely see a shot of NYC that doesn't include the building's stunning architecture.
Radio City Music Hall
Radio City Music Hall, known as the home of the famous Rockettes dance company, is a beautifully preserved 1930's theater in Midtown Manhattan. Enjoy live performances, concerts, and holiday shows, including the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular.
Lincoln Center is one of the world's leading performing arts centers. Minutes from Ameritania, this beautiful venue presents performance by the New York Philharmonic, Metropolitan Opera, New York City Ballet, and the Juilliard School of Music.
Just a mile from Ameritania, this expansive convention center in Hell's Kitchen hosts a variety of events, from conferences to trade shows and expos. The Javits Center is one of the largest and busiest convention centers in the country, surrounded by restaurants, shopping, and entertainment.
Top of the Rock
Perched at the top of 30 Rock, home to NBC Studios and SNL, the Top of the Rock offers three levels of indoor and outdoor observation decks with spectacular, unobstructed views of New York City.
Ask Our Travel Concierge
Got more questions?CONTACT US CONTACT US
- What are the most famous attractions in New York City?
The top attractions in New York City include:
- Times Square
- Empire State Building
- Central Park
- Fifth Avenue
- Statue of Liberty
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Greenwich Village
- Madison Square Garden
- Rockefeller Center
- What is the most visited attraction in New York?The Statue of Liberty is the number one attraction in New York City, drawing hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. Tour this iconic landmark and the symbol of American freedom and enjoy views of the NYC skyline.
- What are the best Rooftop Bars in NYC? Arguably the best way to take in unparalleled views of Manhattan, our favorite Rooftop Bars in NYC are the Empire Rooftop Bar, Cantina Rooftop in Hell's Kitchen, and Berry Park in Brooklyn, for the most spectacular summer sunsets overlooking Manhattan.
- How many days are required to cover major attractions in New York? If you want to see the best of the city, a minimum of three days is required to cover some of the top attractions and things to do, including a visit to Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, and the Empire State Building - three musts.
- What are the closest NYC attractions to the Ameritania hotel? The Ameritania Hotel is next door to the Ed Sullivan Theatre, home to CBS TV's Late Show with Stephen Colbert, and is just steps from Times Square, Central Park, the Broadway Theater District, the Shops at Columbus Circle, the Jacob Javits Center, Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, Rockefeller Plaza, Top of the Rock, Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, and many more.